Dear Parents and Guardians,
I am simply humbled and excited that you have allowed my staff and I to be a part of your child’s exciting educational journey. This last year was a great year of bonding and growing for the staff and students which set up a firm foundation for this year. The Sequoia Staff made a conscious effort to make sure that your child understood that we care and we have high expectations for them, not only in the classroom but outside the classroom as well. In addition, we provided multiple opportunities for students to get involved in various sports, career / post-secondary opportunities, EVIT and other fun activities that made high school life fun!
Always looking forward and endeavoring to provide the best educational experience for your child, Sequoia Secondary is committed to you and your child in the following manner:
- Provide a nurturing environment in which students feel safe
- Provide a curriculum that is challenging and engaging
- Provide consistent communication with students and parents
This year our focus will be centered around 5 central areas:
- Academic: Providing a rigorous academic program through a standard based curriculum that offers engaging activities that challenge your child. In addition, this year we are offering even more advanced classes for those who desire to be challenged.
- Character: Providing character development that promotes citizenship
- Communication: Provide a platform in which parents can be heard; such as parent teacher conferences, site council meetings, coffee with the principal, themed family nights, and personal one on one meetings.
- ECAP: Providing College and career readiness goals and tools that illustrates the endless opportunities before them and encourages them to ponder their future
- Sports: Offering a respected sports program that our students will be proud to be a part of.
If you have not enrolled your child yet, please come in between 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM or call (480) 649-7737 to arrange a visit to the school to complete the necessary paper work. Classes are filling up and space is limited. Here are some important dates:
- School begins at 8:00 AM, Monday, August 7, 2017. Dismissal is at 2:56 PM.
- August 3rd Meet the Teacher 4-7 pm
As we prepare for the next year, it is imperative that your child be present on the first day of school. We are excited about the upcoming year! See you at Stallion Days!